Work with a database
In NPS@ you can work with a database.
Only protein databases in Pearson/FASTA format are currently
supported by NPS@.
The database can have four origins :
What can you do then ?
You can :
- View it it in MPSA/
- Align it with CLUTALW or
MULTALIN if there are no more than 250,000 characters in the database.
- Do a homology search. The database will be the query one.
- Search the database for one or several pattern (
- Apply NPS@ methods on each sequence of the database. You will then work with
- Edit the database. It allows you to select/unselect sequence of the database. It writes a new database.
- Know the number of sequence in the database.
- See the database text file.
When you come from an extract (After BLAST,PATTINPROT,...) few more informations are displayed.
- The database on which full sequence extraction has been made or it says you that it come from a partial extraction.
- Sequences identifier of the sequence removed in built database (when this option has been selected).
User : firstname.lastname@example.org. Last modification time : Thu Jan 14 19:06:27 2016. Current time : Wed Oct 28 00:54:07 2020